Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Unsuccessful Marriage

The romance started on one fine summer morning in 2006. I heard a lot about her even before I met her for the first time. At the first glance she looked fine, though not an eye candy. But somehow I liked her, she was certainly better than previous one I had and she was my last hope for a long time relationship. I stood in the Sun nervously and waited the whole day for having a chat with her. We met twice on that day and seem to feel comfortable. And by the evening I came to know that she had accepted me as her partner. I was jubilant. That evening our marriage got fixed for August 2007.

She had two pre-conditions before our marriage. One was that she wished to test my skill for the first two months after we get married. I am a potent person and I was confident for the first test. And since she has come from a conventional family she was a bit wary about my trust towards her. So she wanted me to sign a prenup. It said that if I divorced her before two years I had to pay one time alimony of 1 lakh. It might sound less. But getting the divorce agreement takes 2 months. I was positive about all this. I thought that we will be married for years together. So I agreed for her conditions. In, august 2007, we tied the knot. But the ironical thing is that she was the one who tied the mangalsutra around my neck.

I was 22 and she was 21. So the first two months were really exciting. We had unveiled a lot of mysterious and came to understand each other better. In these two months, I proved my skills and she acknowledged me by saying that I was the best. We spent the entire day together, but it passed in a whisker. It was at this time that she started growing plump. But I didn't care; I was blinded by our romance.

On the third month of our smooth relationship, things started to break apart. She wanted me to stay with her throughout the day. I had to do all her chores by sitting at one place. The food she made tasted like rotten vegetables over raw meat. I was not allowed into the house without the mangalsutra. I also came to know that for every rupee that I give her, she returned me just 10 paise. She took the rest 90% for her own purposes. Purposes unknown, maybe she is spending on cosmetics or on a paramour lover. I just couldn't take all this. For the next six months I was depressed, my blood pressure increased, and I had countless sleepless nights. For the first time, I got frightened of marriages. With my health deteriorating, my parents got more concerned than ever. Though they were skeptic for a few months, they later told me to go for an official divorce. I agreed with them, so that people won’t be blaming me in the future for this broken relationship.

Our official divorce is scheduled on 27th June 2008. She wasn’t reluctant. I think she must have already found her future groom. But 27th is the day when I will become a bachelor again. I will go back to my parent’s place and I have no desire to look for new brides in the near future.

9 comments:

Abhay said...

sooper :)
u shud write more often

Unknown said...

A very creative piece of writing ! Marriages and divorces - that's pretty much going to be a part of our professional lives. Don't switch your partner too often. Its a law of inverse returns after a while.

Read through your other posts. Great going Gautham ! Keep rolling.

Pavan said...

hehehehehe... nice one.. nice one...

Unknown said...

excellent gauthamm....

Gautham said...

Thanks all of you..

@raghavendar : Thanks for ur advice :)

Unknown said...

I understood who actually is the bride. It was great to read that!!! Happy divorce and yes!!! a party for me...

:s said...

good one ra...the mangalsutra metaphor is too good...

keerthi said...

hey tat was neat!!!

Anonymous said...

HEY GR8 WORK BUDDY :)....MARRIAGE N MANGALSUTRA HUH... HE HE ..WELL ,BEIN A GAL I SHUDN B APPRECIATIN IT, BUT, MUST SAY IT WAS THOUGHT PROVOKIN :)