Thursday, January 29, 2009

SOS - GDs/PIs

It's been a month since my last post. The MBA exams are done and the results are out. It turned out to be a pathetic performance in both CAT and XAT as I couldnt clear sectional cutoffs of one of the subjects. But, JMET and SNAP turned out to be better.

Having got calls from SIBM Pune and Bangalore and awaiting calls from IITs, I started with my GD/PI preparation. I am known for flunking six IIM calls in CAT 2006. So, I need to prepare rigorously this time. I have finished with the basic preparation, the SOP, Strengths and Weakness, Career goals and had a peep into the current affairs.

Practising before the webcam is helping me a lot. The moment I started speaking I found out multiple flaws, the brows coming together, the hands swaying from one end to the other, forgetting points and so on. But hopefully it might get better before Feb 15th, my SIBM Pune call. I also need to lose a few pounds as I have grown (horizontally) off my formal pants.

I am watching a lot of tennis these days, 5-6 hrs a day. The Australian Open is going on and Rafa is into the semis at the time of this post. But then Federer looks much more elegant and seems to have got his flair back. Hoping for a Rafa win over Verdasco tomorrow.
Vamos Rafa.

Tomorrow, I have a mock interview at 11 a.m. and so far my performances at the mocks has been pretty awful. Last time the panel said that I need to develop a panache of my own and not sound so banal. Let's see what happens this time.

No comments: