Saturday, January 31, 2009

Vizag - The City of Destiny




Introduction:

I feel in love with vizag two years back i.e. when my parents got transfered from hyderabad. Vizag with it's sparkling waters and densely vegetated eastern ghats looks like an ethreal beauty. It has scanty traffic and lesser pollution when compared with other major cities in India and is a bliss to live in.

Vizag is known by different names - Vizag/Visakapatnam/Waltair. Waltair is the defunct British Colonial name. 'Vizag/Visakha' are variable pronunciations of 'Visakhapatnam' in short form.


Coastal Line and Beach Road:

I like driving my bike on the 30 km beach road that spreads along the coastal line of vizag. With flawless concrete and gravel, the smooth road and the beach on one side and the hills on the other, driving feels like floating in the air.


The road starts at the Vizag port region and goes all the way to Beemunipatnam or fondly called as Bimli beach. With its Red Soil being washed by the ocean waters, Bimli is an excellent picnic spot.

Vizag Port:


The vizag port is known as the 'Brightest Jewel' of all Indian major ports for its outstanding performance. The port helps in the transportation of raw materials for the industries at Vizag.




Kailash Giri:




My Home:


I stay at a place very close to the sea, approx 200 m from the shore. To the right of my house are the dense eastern ghats. During my stay I had sighted many porcupines, a turtle, a python and a cheetah standing on the peak of the hill shown in the picture. The below picture, taken from Kailash Giri, shows the exact location of my house.




1 comment:

Hai Baji said...
This comment has been removed by the author.